The 4 Most Picturesque Hiking Trails in the US May 28, 2019
5 Outdoor Activities You Can Do Near Sacramento, CA May 21, 2019
Top 3 Reasons to Go to Yellowstone National Park February 27, 2019
3 Plants That You Need to Watch Out for During Hikes February 15, 2019
Are You Properly Storing Your Camping Gear in the Off-Season? November 14, 2018
Best National Parks to Visit in the Southeast October 24, 2018
- Arches National Park
- deaf interpreter
- family outing
- family vacation
- Florida City
- Hiking Poles
- Jackson Hole
- Messy garage
- Old Faithful
- overnight hike
- poison ivy
- rock climbing
- Rocky Mountains
- sleeping bag
- Smoky Mountains
- snake bite
- the great outdoors
- trail rides
- Trekking Poles
- Walking Stick
- winter skiing
- Yellowstone National Park
WHO WE ARE
At TravDevil, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. We've been sharing our passion for the outdoors since 2009. Read our story
0 comments / Posted by Robert Strong
You may find yourself in a emergency but happen to have a Chocolate bar on hand, and it can help you start a fire.
- Rub chocolate all over the bottom of the can
- Clean the chocolate off with a towel, cloth, or paper, rubbing and polishing as you wipe.
- Repeat this process several times until the bottom of the can is like a mirror.
The can has been polished enough when it shines and reflects like a mirror.
- Position the can in direct sunlight. Find a direct ray of sunlight and angle the bottom of the can so that the can reflects the sun’s rays.
- Place your tinder – dry leaves, sticks, or paper – in a spot where you want your fire, please be aware of your surroundings to control the fire.
- Reflect the concentrated beam off the can and onto the tinder, similar to how you might with a magnifying glass and a leaf.
- Hold the beam on the tinder until you see smoke. As soon as the tinder starts to burn, add wood to build your fire around it.
Please share this post if you found it helpful.
3 Plants That You Need to Watch Out for During Hikes
Hiking is a popular activity for those who enjoy spending time in the great outdoors and exercising. Although it can ...
Are You Properly Storing Your Camping Gear in the Off-Season?
Camping season may be over for now, but it won't be long until you're feeling the itch to drive out into the wilderne...
Best National Parks to Visit in the Southeast
The southeast region of the United States is among the most popular areas for outdoor enthusiasts, as the area boasts...